In short, yes, it is. Cannuvo™ provides CBD products to consumers in a legal, controlled and certified way. We offer products for topical (external) use, not intended for human consumption. There’s nothing to worry about getting your CBD products here! 🙂
Here's the full explanation:
In Spain, CBD can’t be sold for human consumption. Why?
– CBD is not included in the “list of vitamins and minerals that can be used in the manufacturing of food supplements” from the Directive 2002/46/EC of the European Parliament, which transposes to Spanish legislation by the Real Decreto 1487/2009.
– Due to the aforementioned, CBD has not been registered yet as a food supplement in the list known as “lista de suplementos alimenticios autorizados” from the AEMPS (Agencia Española de Medicamentos y Productos Sanitarios), which sets the vitamins and minerals allowed for human consumption in the Spanish legal framework.
– In 2018, EFSA (European Food Safety Authority), by informing all EU members through their corresponding agency (in Spain AECOSAN – Agencia para Asuntos del Consumidor, Seguridad Alimentaria y Nutrición), banned the manufacturing and distribution of food supplements containing CBD, except the ones coming from industrial hemp of certified seed, like flour, protein, the seed itself, or the cold-pressed seed’s extract. Thus, AECOSAN made an official communication banning food supplements or products for human consumption containing any kind of cannabinoid. Since then, they can only be marketed for topical (external) use, never for human consumption.
– CBD is not listed per se in the Schedules of the 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs. So it isn’t either at the Yellow List by the INCB (which is a List in accordance with the first). However, the exact interpretation of the category “CANNABIS RESIN, EXTRACTS and TINCTURES” (under Schedule I), has led to consider CBD within it.
– In response to the aforementioned, the World Health Organization’s 41st Expert Committee on Drug Dependence (ECDD) recommended that a footnote be added to Schedule I of the 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs to read:
“Preparations containing predominantly cannabidiol and not more than 0.2 percent of delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol are not under international control”. Being the ‘Rationale for change’: “This change will ensure that pharmaceutical preparations of cannabidiol with less than 0.2% of delta -9-THC are not controlled”.
The ECDD therefore concluded that current information does not justify scheduling of cannabidiol. This way a re-definition of the broad category of ‘cannabis extracts and tinctures’ to explicitly exclude CBD would be considered, in order to end the current ambiguity over the substance’s status.
– So WHO already asked United Nations not to schedule CBD anymore, in order to be allowed being used, at least, for pharmaceutical, herbalist, or cosmetic uses. This scheduling was also opposed by the EIHA (European Industrial Hemp Association). Once CBD is taken down from that List, it is going to be officially unclassified from the narcotic consideration, and it will be much easier to get licenses and use it for food or food supplements.
– In any case, more precise regulation from European Union that will harmonize European member countries’ legislations (including Spain’s) is expected for the near future.
Due to current Spanish legislation, CBD can only be commercialized for topical (external) use, not intended for human consumption. This means the labelling must indicate that kind of use.
However, you may have encountered a lot of information on the Internet describing its use orally, with instructions such as:
– Use 3-4 drops two times a day, under the tongue (sublingually).
– Hold it for 1-2 minutes and then swallow what remains.
Despite currently not being allowed to be marketed for human consumption in Spain, this is the preferred method worldwide due to being considered the most rapid form of absorption of the cannabinoid, which directly reach the bloodstream by bypassing the digestive system and liver metabolization.
World Health Organization confirmed, “there is no substantive evidence as to whether CBD is likely to cause psychoactive effects”. It also claimed that CBD is “[…]generally well tolerated with a good safety profile”, “[…]there are no case reports of abuse or dependence to the substance”, and that “[…]there’s no evidence of any public health related problems associated with the use of pure CBD”.
CBD Oil usage depends on the severity of the conditions you want to use it for:
- For everyday wellness and mild conditions, CBD Oil 10% is recommended.
- For moderate, severe and chronic conditions, CBD Oil 20% is recommended.
- 6 drops of Cannuvo™ 10% CBD Oil provides around 33 mg of CBD (5mg/drop).
- 6 drops of Cannuvo™ 20% CBD Oil provides around 66 mg of CBD (10mg/drop).
Depending on the requirements and result, dosage and concentration can be adjusted. So remember: always listen to your body!
– Recommended dosage for Cannuvo™ oils is 3-4 drops, twice a day: morning and evening (or three times: morning, afternoon and evening).
– A rule of thumb is the step-up method, which means starting low, using about 3 drops per day (15-30 mg). Keep that dose for 4-7 days, and then increase it by 1 drop (5-10 mg) until desired results are achieved. When following this method, you can always increase or lower the dose.
– Another issue related to adjusting the dose is that often, strangely enough, when you are not achieving the desired results by increasing the dose, lowering it will work better!
Before concluding that CBD doesn’t work for you, it is worth trying to lower the dose. If you exceed the amount that’s already enough for your endocannabinoid system, your effects may diminish (studies here and here). The key to a successful relationship with CBD is to find your necessary amount of drops and stick with it!
– Find the dose which makes you feel comfortable (sweet spot) and keep it, although possible further adjustments may be needed due to changes in weight, diet, lifestyle, severity of ailments, etc.
Generally, between 20-40 mg/day reportedly provides a significant effect for most people.
– Try not to exceed the daily maximum recommended dose of 70 mg. This means no more than 14 drops of Cannuvo™ 10% CBD Oil or 7 drops of Cannuvo™ 20% CBD Oil.
Our bottles and formulations provide you with around 35(10% concentration)-70(20% concentration) mg per day for a full month.
Unless you have chronic conditions and severe pains, any exceeding amount of CBD may not be helpful to you.
– Take it consistently, daily. Be patient for your body to adjust to this new partner!
– You may also be wondering if taking a greater CBD concentration oil will achieve the same results with a lower dose. The answer is many people do prefer doing this because it works for them, so, again, try for yourself!
– If noticing any side or negative effect(s) of any type, just lower the dose. Remember they usually mitigate by reducing the dose, and totally end when use is terminated.
– The first 30 days are sometimes a trial and error time to see what works best for you, so it’ll be good to check how your body responds every day. For that purpose, it’s a great idea to make daily “journal” notes to keep record of the amount you are taking, the number of times and the progress you are feeling. It’s key to remember that the benefits from natural oils do not happen overnight.
– Finally, you must take into account the efficiency of CBD and its ability to affect problem areas in our body and mind depends on several factors, meaning it may not be useful for every person, like many things in life. One of the biggest factors is the genetic profile of your Endocannabinoid System, along with age, diet, physical activity, lifestyle, medication and the severity of the conditions.
The CBD content in an oil, also called CBD concentration level, can be expressed in milligrams (mg) and percentages (%).
We offer our products in 10 ml bottles – easy to use, store and to keep track of.
10 ml bottles contain roughly 10.000 mg of total product.
A 10% CBD concentration means 10% of the bottle is CBD and the rest is a carrier oil like MCT oil.
Simplified, this means 1000mg is CBD.
10 ml bottle: 1000mg CBD = 10% concentration
10 ml bottle: 2000mg CBD = 20% concentration
Our superior quality oil offers you one of the best prices per Mg of CBD on the market worldwide.
While the two terms are usually used interchangeably, CBD oils and CBD tinctures are two different products:
– CBD oils are often made with just two ingredients: hemp extract and a carrier oil.
– CBD tinctures are alcohol-based extracts that are obtained by steeping the hemp plant material in high-proof grain alcohol, which acts as a solvent.
For that reason, we stick to the accurate denomination for our products and keep it simple – we always call our bottles “oils” or “oil bottles” 🙂
It can take anything between 15-20-30 minutes to an hour for you to start feeling its effects.
As always, we like to keep it simple, so we are telling you the rough general answer right away: approximately, it will take around one to four weeks at least of regular dosages for you to notice the “full effects” – a true difference and real impact on you.
The reason why it’s not immediate but it takes at least a week is because there are different variables that can affect the onset of these so called “full effects” or “long-term effects”, being the most important:
– Consistency: the very key to getting the most positive effects from your CBD is consistency. Sticking to a consistent, daily dose will eventually restore the balance of your ECS; and you’ll be glad you stuck with it. After taking CBD oil consistently for a period of some weeks, the cannabinoids start building up within our bodies, especially in our fat cells.
– Body weight: since CBD is fat-soluble, those who weigh more and thus tend to have more fat cells in their body will more likely need more time to adjust.
– Metabolism: your metabolic rate affects to how your body will break down CBD. We all have metabolisms that function at different rates depending on our age, genetic profile, digestive system and lifestyle. If you exercise often and have a high metabolism, you’ll feel the effects come on earlier than if you have a slow one, although in the first case you’ll also feel them wear off more quickly.
– Endocannabinoid Balance: the endocannabinoid system (ECS) —which is also found in nearly every animal— has many cannabinoid receptors throughout your entire body. It regulates biological functions such as sleep, appetite, mood, pain perception, immunological system, memory, temperature… etc.
If your ECS is imbalanced, a broad range of symptoms may arise. CBD could bind to those receptors and help rebalance the ECS, but you must consider that the more it’s imbalanced, the longer it will take to feel the effects.
The answer to this question is totally opposite depending on what kind of CBD products you use – Isolate, or Full Spectrum instead:
– For CBD isolate products, studies* have shown a biphasic effect, the so called “Bell-Shaped Response Curve” – once hitting the optimal dosage (and thus, the peak effect) effects being to reverse or diminish and higher doses will produce diminishing returns (counterproductive outcome).
– For Full Spectrum CBD products, on the contrary, studies* have proved a dose-response relationship (dose-dependent response), exhibiting a “Linear Dose Response Curve” – increased dosage continues to be effective.
This is because Full Spectrum extracts benefit from the “entourage effect” – the synergistic relationship between CBD and other naturally occurring compounds (minor phytocannabinoids or non-cannabinoids). It means that all cannabinoids and terpenes found in the Hemp plant work together for optimal joint effects, something that doesn’t happen with CBD isolated – which is less effective by itself than when used in combination with other cannabinoids and terpenes.
In other words: if the CBD is an isolate, increasing the dose might make it stop working, but with Full Spectrum the active principle works as you would expect, like most medicines. Therefore, it’s safe to say that in terms of long-term effects and for larger dose needs, it is way better to use Full Spectrum products.
No, it won’t. The evaluations to corroborate the presence of THC in blood, urine and other body fluids have been made specifically to find the metabolite, so they are not common in regular tests in clinics or hospitals.
When the levels of THC-COOH from the urine are above 50 ng/ml, they are deemed positive.
Our products include very low traces of THC, following the legal levels approved by the European Union (<0.2%). This means that there will not be a positive level of THC in blood tests when the guidelines of usage are followed. You would need to consume extreme amounts of CBD products at one time to be close to illegal limits.
Generally, CBD does not produce side effects. However, as any other compound, there can be some adverse effects (especially when used in very high doses), ranging from mild to moderate, such as:
Tiredness, dry mouth, diarrhea, drowsiness, headaches, dizziness and reduced appetite. However, they usually mitigate by reducing the dose, and totally end when use is terminated.
When a CBD Oil is considered organic, it is because the hemp where it’s extracted from is classified as organic.
All Cannuvo™ CBD Tinctures come from certified organic hemp.
CBD is found and obtained from industrial hemp plants. Organic hemp is grown and harvested in the purest lands, so the nutrients it absorbs from the soil can’t be contaminated by harmful chemicals, mycotoxins or fungus. Our products are tested to be free of pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals and other impurities.
Cannuvo™ products come from a premium quality production method with highly controlled standards. The farming, harvesting, extraction and storage techniques used stem from extensive research to get the healthiest, cleanest and safest final product possible. We only work with the highest qualified and certified producers throughout Northern Europe.
To begin with, perfectly mature hemp plants are harvested and transported to the drying facility. The collected “biomass” is preferably broken off as individual branches instead of the whole plant, in order to minimize mold and mildew during the drying process.
Once dried, the raw material is taken to conduct the next step: the extraction process.
Generally speaking, extracting oil from seeds or plants achieves a strong potency with high concentration. All the compounds (terpenes, flavonoids, nutrients like vitamins, minerals, etc.) get compressed into a single liquid (oil) tincture.
There are two main methods for oil extraction: supercritical CO2 extraction and cold-pressing. All oils used for Cannuvo™ CBD Tinctures come from supercritical CO2 extraction, which is widely considered to be the most efficient and healthiest method.
Supercritical CO2 extraction means passing CO2 through the raw material in order to compress it down by pressure.
“Supercritical” means the state of CO2 whereby it is halfway between gaseous and liquid form. This way CO2 acts as a non-polar solvent. First, pressure and heating is gradually raised to the primal gas CO2 until it reaches its liquid state. Then, it is passed through an extractor filled with the hemp raw material (commonly called “trim”), where pressure and temperature are adequate for it to reach the supercritical state. Here it extracts the essential oils and waxes (full of cannabinoids), at a fantastic efficiency – up to 95%!
When the blend (CO2 + oils) reaches the separator, the oils separate from the CO2, since the pressure is lower. Thus, CO2 recirculates through the system, and oils, now in the bottom of the separator, are collected for further processing.
But why is supercritical CO2 extraction the best method?
- Enclosed system: air doesn’t get to the material, so it suffers no oxidation.
- Low temperature process: it doesn’t degenerate the oils.
- Pure delivery: solvent used (CO2) is clear and non-toxic, and no other chemicals or alcohols are used.
- Reutilization of energy: CO2 recirculates so it’s used several times.
- Environmentally friendly: no waste whatsoever is generated and the yield is higher, saving energy.
Cold-pressing consists of crushing seeds or plants with a screw press machine in order to obtain the oils. The problem is O2 coming into contact during the process, and the machine’s friction that causes heat (contrary to the method’s name) leads to possible loss of quality and oxidation may occur in the oil extraction.
Decarboxylation: the activation process.
Naturally occurring cannabinoid CBDA (cannabidolic acid) is CBD’s “elder brother” (precursor), and is present in the hemp plant in its acid form. This means it’s an inactive molecule and must be activated in order to unleash its full potential to help you!
Other raw cannabinoids, like THCA (tetrahydrocannabinolic acid) and CBGA (cannabigerolic acid) may also undergo the decarboxylation process.
So what does decarboxylation really mean? Despite its complex name, it’s just the process of heating the hemp extract at a controlled temperature for a certain time, so the inactive acid molecules transform to the active non-acid ones.
However, decarboxylation is usually partially done, so the raw non-activated molecules, which have shown some health therapeutic effects of their own, are also included in the final product in some proportion.
For instance, CBDA:
- Has shown to have a selective inhibitory effect on COX-2 enzyme, related to inflammation post injury or infection.
- COX-2 is also involved in the metastasis of cancer cells, and CBDA showed that it may suppress genes that are positively involved in the metastasis of human breast cancer cells in vitro.
- It has also shown to inhibit COX-1 enzyme, associated to the prevention of ulceration, the protection of the stomach and intestinal lining.
Decarboxylation can be carried out both before or after extraction, depending on the manufacturer’s technical choice. At the end of the day, it is (almost) always performed. So, any CBD product you may encounter in the market which is not labelled as “raw”, will have gone through decarboxylation as part of its manufacturing process.
Carrier oil: last step.
Carrier oils, also known as base oils, are used to make CBD bind with the easily broken down fat molecules, so we can properly process it. This is because of the oil’s bioavailability, which means its capability to be absorbed, metabolized and used by our bodies. In addition, carrier oils may have benefits of their own.
CBD Oil is produced by diluting the CBD extracted from the hemp plant or seed into a carrier oil like the healthy part of coconut oil (MCT), olive oil or sunflower oils. We exclusively use MCT oil in Cannuvo™ products because of its nutritional profile and pleasant neutral flavor. As one of the easiest fats for our bodies to utilize, MCT oil will allow the body to absorb it better than the other carrier oils that are commonly used.
MCT stands for “medium-chain triglycerides”, the healthy saturated fats in MCT oil that are ideal with CBD due to their easy absorption through the liver. MCT oil is also known as “Fractionated coconut oil” retaining healthiest aspects of coconut oil. MCT oil is thinner than most other oils, so it is easily applied and is less sticky. As a bonus, MCT oil has been known to have antifungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is also described as a cognitive enhancer and to help in smoothing skin.
In summary: Supercritical CO2 extraction and decarboxylation with the added benefits of using MCT oil as a carrier oil results in our acclaimed Full Spectrum Cannuvo™ products.
All our Cannuvo™ Oils are 100% guaranteed in CBD content. All hemp used in production is organic, grown without the use of fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides. Our products are lab-tested to ensure both safety and quality.
Currently, hemp-derived products are taking huge steps into the health industry, to the point of where renowned skin care brands promoting CBD in big TV ads as a green, therapeutic alternative.
However, it’s still a brand-new industry and movement, so there are lots of people who are yet unaware of the benefits this plant may provide. The social stigma of Cannabis as something that belongs to the counter culture and is only used for getting high is something to take into account when approaching the subject. Hemp has been used therapeutically and without getting high for thousands of years – from the forests of the amazon to the royal English castles.
Don’t worry: at the end of the day, doctors are people like you and I, so they may have their own biases, but they are (mostly) approachable and willing to talk to you.
That being said, there are certain doctors who advocate more than others for the use of cannabis-derived products, and as for any other issue related to your health, you should never doubt to get a second (or further) opinion.
Here are some tips on how to talk to your doctor about CBD:
- Take your time to research CBD:
Search for properties and effects, the product format and concentration you want to use, how it is consumed, possible side effects, and verified customer reviews.
Refer to reliable sources like WHO’s claims on CBD not causing psychoactive effects, with no case reports of abuse or dependence. According to WHO, there is no evidence of any public health related problems associated with its use. This may be a good point to start off with!
- Know the brand and product you want to use:
Is it lab tested (ensuring less than 0.2% THC content, guaranteed CBD content, the absence of heavy metals, toxins or other contaminants)? Is it organic and non-GMO? Research the recommended dose and concentration, its effects on your particular condition, and its overall safety profile.
- Be confident when explaining your symptoms and how you think CBD may help you.
This will help your physicist understand why you may want to try this natural alternative. Even if the doctor doesn’t know CBD, it can certainly help to present it with information and ideas around the subject.
- Your doctor can probably help you on several issues about CBD:
Recommended dosage for you, concentrations, best ways to apply it in order to get positive effects, and even its possible combination with other medical drugs and their possible interactions.
Also remember every health innovation needs time to be widely accepted. You can encounter a doctor who doesn’t know CBD or won’t support you trying it, but it’s your own decision to try CBD and second opinions from other doctors or health professionals is always a good idea!
Cannuvo™ aims to be the leading figure in transparency, quality, reliability, price and safety in the CBD industry.
Each and every batch of product we provide is carefully crafted, starting from the raw materials used for its manufacturing, which come from the purest European hemp extracts available. Through optimal extraction methods (supercritical CO2 extraction and later decarboxylation), we deliver a superior quality Full Spectrum product with guaranteed CBD content. Our products are manufactured under strict conditions to make sure we only offer you the best, fully legal and certified option.
You will always have access to 3rd party lab test results performed on our products. They show the full range of cannabinoids (CBD, CBDA, CBDV, CBG, CBC, etc), a wealth of terpenes and the below-maximum allowed trace percentage of THC.
Welcome to Cannuvo™,
ORDER & SHIPPING F.A.Q.s
Cannuvo™ delivers products via the best available partners in your geographical zone.
We carefully pack our products in boxes filled with an appropriate lining so they can get to you safely.
Shipping times depend on the delivery option you choose: paying for express delivery (24 hours) or the 48-72 hour option.
After the payment is received, the package is shipped within same day if the order is placed before 14:00. The package is shipped on next business day if the order is placed after this time.
Once your order is shipped, you will get an e-mail providing your order’s tracking number.
Note: Free shipping is available for all orders over 100€, including any discount or sale price applied.
As you may imagine, cancellations are preferred to be made as soon as possible. Of course, you can always cancel either an entire order or only some item(s) from it.
If you want to cancel an order please email email@example.com as soon as you can. Simply provide the product(s) you want to cancel, your order #number and we’ll do the rest.
If your order is already shipped, we’ll put you in contact with our return service to set a return. This means you’ll have to wait for it to arrive and then simply return it.
For a product to be accepted for return it must be unopened and unused; otherwise we will not be able to accept it. Similarly to cancellations, you can always return either an entire order or only some item(s) from it.
Products may be returned within 14 calendar days from purchase, and the shipping is covered by the customer.
Once we receive your return, we’ll make a refund through the same means of payment used to pay the order.
Refunds usually take 10 working days, but please allow up to 14 days from your return request.
We will not process returns from purchases made in a location carrying/distributing Cannuvo™ products.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org providing the item(s) you would like to return and your order #number, within a period of 14 days from purchase. You will be replied with an attached label and the required return shipping address.
- Print and stick the label to the package, close it well and hand it to the courier or pickup point.
- Once we receive your return, we’ll make a refund as described above.
In the unlikely event that this happens, first, please accept our apologies, we are sorry for it and it has been out of our control. However, do not worry! Simply email email@example.com and provide your order number along with picture(s) of the defective/damaged item. This serves as the claim form. We will assist you to solve the issue and replace your order as soon as possible.
In order to subscribe, simply head to the product’s page you wish. There you will find a box asking ‘*Choose One-Time Purchase or Subscription’, with a pull-down menu below where you will be able to select one of these four options:
- No Subscription, make this one-time purchase. [This is intended to make a single purchase, thus no subscription whatsoever is needed for it]
- Every 2 Weeks Subscription
- Every 4 Weeks Subscription (most popular) [This one will be selected by default]
- Every 6 Weeks Subscription
Then, select the number of units you want to place your order for, and click in ‘Add to cart’. Product(s) will be added to your cart. Now, hover over the bag’s icon in the top bar, and you will have the options to either ‘View cart’ or going straight to ‘Checkout’, or just click on the bag’s icon and it will take you to the page to view you cart.
Now, if you are already registered, you will need to click on ‘RETURNING CUSTOMER? Click here to login’. Otherwise, you will be required to register (you cannot place a Subscription order as a guest customer). For that purpose, simply proceed filling the fields with your data as in a regular order, agree to the Terms and Conditions, and finally click on ‘Place Order’ to complete your order.
As a subscriber, you will become a member of Cannuvo™ Care Club. Subscription includes:
– 20% discount
– Exclusive content to your inbox
– Automatically entering into contests where you can win free products and access to exclusive events
Instalments will be collected each renewal date. You can check your Subscription status and instalments’ dates by logging in and heading to ‘My account’ > ’MY SUBSCRIPTIONS’. Please note that sometimes charges may take some days to go into effect as of the renewal date, so please allow for a few working days for this to happen. We will contact you in case any charge cannot be processed, so do not worry for this issue.
You can unsubscribe at any time by simply following steps provided at ‘My account’ > ’MY SUBSCRIPTIONS’. Unsubscribing will result in automatically cancelling all pending orders, thus no more instalments will be charged.
In case you cancel your Subscription at a time close to the next renewal date, it is possible that your order may be already shipped. If this happens, we will put you in contact with our return service to set a return. This means you will have to wait for it to arrive and then simply return it. Then, after we receive your return, we will issue your corresponding refund. You can check our FAQ on ‘What About The Return & Refund Policy?’ for further info on this.
If you use any discount code for your Subscription, like a coupon code (e.g. welcome discount of -10% off), remember that it will only be applied to the first order from your Subscription, just as if you used that discount for a regular one-time purchase.